Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Physical therapy and rehabilitation; It is a medical science that works with a multidisciplinary approach, that is, with other medical branches, to improve and eliminate the disability that affects the life and quality of life of the person, effectively returning the patient to his social life.
The most appropriate treatment option is applied to the patient who is inpatient or outpatient in the physical therapy and rehabilitation department, considering his special situation. In addition to muscular and skeletal system diseases, orthopedic rehabilitation applied after orthopedic interventions, movement disorders after stroke, facial paralysis, neurological rehabilitation after nerve injuries, and pediatric rehabilitation is applied for disorders that develop during childbirth. Rehabilitation after hand surgery for nerve cut, fracture and similar problems and rehabilitation of movement disorders due to burns are also performed by physical therapists.
What Is Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Interested In?
The physical therapy and rehabilitation department deals with the elimination of pain and inflammation in patients, providing blood circulation, reducing the need for medication, and eliminating problems due to posture disorders. Physicians of the department create programs specific to the patient and the disease, organize and implement treatment. Patients with osteoporosis, carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, neck and lumbar hernia, trigger finger, lymph nodes known as lymphedema together with SMA patients and patients who received radiotherapy and mastectomy due to breast cancer receive support from physical therapy and rehabilitation. With many methods such as intra-articular and soft tissue injections, PRP applications, neurotherapy, mesotherapy and pain treatment with dry needle, it is aimed to eliminate the conditions or situations that cause movement limitation and return the person to his normal life. Other treatments that fall under the specialty of the physical therapy and rehabilitation department are as follows;
- Increasing the movements of patients with complete or partial paralysis, ensuring coordination and strengthening the muscle groups.
Improving the quality of life of patients with spinal cord injuries and cerebral palsy
- Rehabilitation of meniscus, muscle injuries, fractures and other injuries due to sports injuries
Increasing the patient’s movements with special physical therapy methods after the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Rehabilitation of osteoporosis and degenerative joint diseases
Treatment of patients with spinal curvature defined as scoliosis
- Elimination of movement limitations due to fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome and increasing the quality of life of patients
- Rehabilitation after microsurgical operations applied due to hand injuries
- Rehabilitation for patients to quickly return to their daily activities before and after lumbar and neck hernia operation.
Treatment of neck-related headaches
- Treatment of nerve compression in the arm and leg
Painless and effective elimination of muscle spasms and other problems in the musculoskeletal system in the neck, back, waist and other areas with manual therapy.