Orthopedics and Traumatology
Orthopedic surgeons diagnose and treat problems of the joints, bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves. Trauma surgery involves treating ‘impact’ injuries caused by a fall, accident or sport-related injury. These are usually fracturing, sprain, dislocations and soft tissue injuries. Orthopedic offer a wide range of specialist support and have a consultant available for every musculoskeletal problem – from elite athletes with sports injuries to those with degenerative and arthritic conditions. Our orthopaedical team is made up of highly experienced consultants, and expert technicians who run our advanced test equipment such as x-rays, MRI, ultrasound and CT scans.
The operating rooms are equipped with modern equipment and medical devices and have the highest level of security measures and structure in terms of infection protection. The necessary exercise and rehabilitation protocols of our patients before, after and during follow-up are applied by our orthopedic rehabilitation team. The goal of our clinics is to offer our patients the best and new diagnoses and treatments with evidence-based medicine, to carry out scientific studies and projects that will contribute to the medicine of our country, and to train orthopedics and traumatology specialists that we will confidently entrust our future with.
Diagnosed and Treated Diseases
At our city hospitals, the diagnosis and treatment of the following groups of diseases are performed:
- Musculoskeletal trauma; fractures, dislocations, soft tissue injuries
- Spine diseases; Spinal deformities (Scoliosis, kyphosis etc.), spine degenerative diseases etc.
Shoulder and elbow diseases; Rotator cuff diseases, shoulder instabilities, sports injuries, shoulder degenerative diseases, elbow muscle and tendon injuries (tennis elbow etc.), elbow degeneration
- Knee joint diseases; Meniscus injuries, knee ligament injuries (anterior, posterior cruciate ligament, lateral ligament), patellofemoral joint problems, cartilage injuries, knee degenerative diseases, knee muscle-tendon problems
- Child orthopedics; developmental hip dysplasia (congenital hip dislocation), pes equinovarus (clubfoot), cerebral palsy, congenital orthopedic diseases and syndromes, Perthes disease etc.
Lower and upper extremity deformities, short stature
- Hip joint diseases; hip degenerative diseases, femoroacetabular impingement disease, hip dysplasia, femoral head osteonecrosis, hip circumference muscle, and tendon diseases, etc. • Hand and wrist; fractures, tendon injuries, nerve compression (carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.), trigger finger, degeneration of hand joints, hand congenital diseases, hand tumors, nail problems, etc. • Foot and ankle; foot and ankle traumas (ligament injuries, fractures, and dislocations), Achilles tendon ruptures and diseases, flat feet, joint calcifications, nerve compression, foot and finger deformities (pes cavus, hallux valgus, etc.), cartilage injuries (talus osteochondral lesion, etc.), nail problems. Orthopedic oncology; benign and malignant bone and soft tissue tumors.